Donations of Library Materials (Books, DVDs, etc.)
We are now accepting donations of books and DVDs in very good condition in preparation of our upcoming booksale in June!
We will not accept:
- Books published more than 5 years ago.
- Reader's Digest
- Books that are yellowed, smell or have any damage
Donations of Money
- Income tax deductible receipts issued upon request for amounts $20 or more.
- Individual and group donations are acknowledged by the Library Director and/or Library Board Chair
- Next of kin to be notified of names of persons making "in memory of" donations
Donations from Recycling Proceeds
- You can donate your refunds from Recyclables to the Okotoks Public Library Expansion Fund at the Okotoks Bottle Depot located at 211 Stockton Ave.
Cobs Bread’s Dough-Raiser Program
- Donate 10% of the value of your purchase at the Cobs Bread Okotoks location. Please quote the assigned Dough Raiser #10546 when making a purchase in order to be assured that the library is properly credited.
Donations of Equipment, Furnishings, Art, etc.
- The Library Director, in consultation with the Board, reserves the right to reject donations that are not suitable and remove and dispose of donated items when they become obsolete.