Donations of Library Materials (Books, Cds, DVDs, etc.)
- materials in good condition
We DO NOT ACCEPT:
- materials in poor condition
- materials that are more than 5 years old
- outdated encyclopedias
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
- VHS videotapes
Donated materials may be added to our collection, given to other libraries or sold in our book sale.
Tax receipts may be available for new materials (with proof of purchase) upon discretion of library staff.
Donations of Money
- Income tax deductible receipts issued upon request for amounts $20 or more.
- Individual and group donations are aknowledged by the Library Director and/or Library Board Chair
- Next of kin to be notified of names of persons making "in memory of" donations
Donations of Equipment, Furnishings, Art, etc.
- The Library Director, in consultation with the Board, reserves the right to reject donations that are not suitable
- The Library Director, in consultation with the Board, reserves the right to remove and dispose of donated items when they become obsolete.